Saturday, April 12, 2008

Out of comfort Zone.


My new mantra for anyone and everyone in life( starting from myself) is this : Challenge yourself at all times by making sure you tread on the path which is "Out of your Comfort zone" . I am trying to follow this , but its human tendency that a person sticks to what he/she is comfortable with rather than go out and try and master something new. Its at that point, where you need some kind of a trigger that will help you else even if you think that you will go and do something different , it just won't happen.

I am not saying this just to make a point that this in a way contradicts what an expert is all about . But I am trying to highlight the point that its always great and maybe necessary ( depending on the person) to master something - be it your hobby, or a habit or a technology or a tool or a course - but for a person to grow in terms of Life itself , I think its very important to keep asking yourself "Hey, whats next ? " !! Opinions are opinions , thoughts are thoughts . The above were some of my thoughts.

Coincidentally, this is also Steve Waugh's autobiography's name , someone who epitomizes being out of comfort zone though many people would still say he had mastered the art of always getting Aussies out of the dumps . Hmmph!! Well, but every situation in his case was different. Its also a fact that I have not that green big fat book of his to come up with these thoughts.

Also, since I have been giving too much gyaan to different people in recent times, this was another of my gyaan sessions . As I told someone , giving gyaan is almost part of my DNA . But then again ,I agree with Shakespeare that "Teaching people to do a task is simpler than to try and do the same task yourself" . Well well well, I shall surely give it a shot .......

9 comments:

pramodvs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ranjan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ranjan said...

As I said, each one has their thought and their opinion, thanks for your comment . And ya, i agree however with the pic part..have changed that... but definitely my opinion ned not concur with anyone else's.

Anki said...

Hmm..to a great extent I agree with your thoughts. Its only by challenging thy self can you unfold and bring out new and hidden talents and make a difference. But at the same time we must remember not to push ourselves too much...there should be times when we _must_ sit back and relax. Make the most of all the opportunities that come our way (agree with Pramod here).

Vandana Shenoy said...

At first I was wondering why I couldnot figure out the similarity b/w the picture and ur post.. After reading the comments, I realized that u've changed it.
Well, I agree totally that we should "explore" new avenues in life. Unless you taste a new dish, you'll never realize its worth.
Rightly said - Once you learn to move out of ur comfort zone, you MAY discover a zone where there s more comfort :-) Challenges are hard initially, but once completed , the joy they bring about is tremendous !

pramodvs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ranjan said...

Justify with respect to what ? If your looking at the ultimate truth , then everyone can just stop doing everything in which case, the question comes as to why life is itself there. You can forget worldly things like ambitions etc... but since that doesn't happen, you can choose/not choose to be part of the race. My blog was definitely for those who wanted to be in the race or chase the mirage or whatever else. If its artificial etc, so be it .

pramodvs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ranjan said...

why have you deleted all the comments ?