Thursday, February 02, 2006

My Debut .



hello janta,
This is my debut ! Well, Blogging is something that has become extremely popular nowadays. There are blogger communities ,which also have become pretty reputed . I used to Blog at Yahoo 360 , when today, I got motivated to start it after reading my friend's blog ! Feb 2 : written as 2/2 , a nice date to start off a blog ! Well , let me write something more than some stupid junk ! A bit more informal maybe .
Well , my college is reopening on monday and this sem is gonna be really hectic. So , as of now I am chilling totally !!! Saw "The Sound Of Music" today for the umpteenth time . "The hills are alive " is still going around in an infinite loop in my mind . I must admit that this movie is my favourite of all times as its an absolutely delightful movie filled with lot of masala (chilly masala if i may add !) . Well , actually the whole thing is authentic coz' it was a true story . Mind blowing acting and brilliant music by the incomparable Rodgers and lyrics by Hammerstein sets this movie apart from every other movie I have seen . The character "Maria" is beautifully portrayed by Julie Andrews and the strict yet sensitive captain is portrayed by Christopher Plummer .
The 7 kids are awesome ! Well ,some other memorable moments in the movie include "Adel Weiss" - a truly romantic number , the elegant Austrian Folk Dance , actually every song in the movie , the scene in the garden at night after the Baroness says , "Somewhere out there is a young woman ,who will never be a nun" , the scene immediately after Maria leaves the household , when the kids begin to sing "The hills are alive " and Briggitta shows her disappointment and the Captain notices it . Well , I would actually recommend this to any moviegoer as its an absolutely splendid movie and can be watched any number of times !!! Well ,as I end this, I'll put up another pic of this great movie ,which epitomises Maria . Also,the movie has made some hazaar people go to the city of Salzburg ,the place where this movie was picturised so beautifully . I would want to definitely visit the place !!

No comments: