Sunday, December 16, 2007

Cricket matches !

Well, I have been having a good December in terms of physical activity. Got to participate in 4 cricket matches for the Company team ( out of which we got a walkover in one of them) . I was the captain of the side due to the absence of a few folks and I have a killer record so far - something any captain might envy !! 3-1 - where 3 indicates the no of LOSSES and 1 indicates the sole win due to a walkover !

You might say this sucks . But the fact of the matter is, we have a team thats still coming together and considering that , I think its alright. However, I definitely am irritated that we lost all 3. Got to understand a few things :
1. Physical fitness sucks ! Not only mine , but pretty much the entire team.
2. Bowling in the nets is different from bowling in the match.
3. Fielding sucks again . But we have been improving !
4. Bowling has lots and lots of potential but definitely we never play to our complete potential sadly. Though today we had a really good bowling performance , that brings me to batting. Our batting sucks but as I said we are a developing team .

I got to understand a few things about myself. I am really passionate on the field and want my team to perform well . Also, even if I get injured, I swear and live by the team during the match. I try to lead the team from the front. These are some of the positives.

The things that I need to work on is to stay calmer during times when things are not going our way. Also , I really get pissed off when someone is not putting in the required effort and hence, the challenge is to keep the player constantly motivated and urge him to give it his best shot .

Today, somehow though our batting wasn't that great , we put in a dedicated effort with the ball and on the field. Hence, not as irritated. Well, I still think I will get one more shot at captaincy unless many people tell me I suck !!! So hope things turn out for the better soon , during the next tournament.

To my team - Play with a passion thats unmatched , Play with a positive mindset to win the game, Play with an enthusiasm thats infectious and finally, Play and enjoy what your playing !!


Adios...

No comments: