Saturday, January 19, 2008

India victorious at Perth!

I rarely remember an occasion in recent times where I felt so happy and satisfied after watching TV for 5 continuous hours without a break! Reason ? India vs Aus 4th day at Perth. What an absolutely brilliant win it was for our team and more creditable, as commentators and tv channels have been blaring since afternoon , coz' it came at PERTH - Fast bowlers' paradise.

I also realised I can make very good predictions at times! After the controversy marred Sydney test, I had put my status message as "Ozies, watch out for the backlash at Perth" and I distinctly remember many friends of mine telling me that I was getting overtly emotional and that it qualified probably as the most thoughtless status message I had ever entered. All I told them was just wait and watch and yes, they won today!!!!

It was a wonderful riveting contest and definitely proved that test match cricket was THE cricket. Not for one moment was it boring . I am sure everyone would have been relieved today was a Saturday as the productivity would have surely dropped if it was a normal working day! Cricinfo would probably be happy that their servers thankfully didn't get jammed with millions of viewers religiously having one of their browser windows dedicated to cricinfo on all the other (working) days! But a fantastic test match and probably one of the most popular ones since Kolkata 2001. Probably the only sad part being that as and when India wins in cricket more and more people want to play cricket as they grow up and other sports' suffer like they have been all these years. But people and media will talk about this a bit later this year as its the Olympic year and history will as usual repeat .... But till then , come on , cherish the great indian victory!

Chak De India !

No comments: