Saturday, March 17, 2007

Saturday in Sydney 2- Part 1.0

This is version 1.0 of the same blog . More of it coming up.I got up early this morning and after getting a routine(initially had typed in routing here!! GOD !) blasting from my cousin , I went out in the afternoon . Had a burger at St Leonards and then proceeded to Town Hall station in order to have a look at the famous aquarium that's here .This place is called Darling Harbour and its simply a breathtaking sight ! Once I walked into that place I saw a Hat and since I had this huge fascination for this kinda hat, I bought one !!!! I really felt very happy buying a hat ! Believe me ! Then I was about to go to the aquarium which is around 200 m from the shop where I bought this when suddenly fate had an interruption ! There was an elderly couple who were enquiring about a cruise and I suddenly remembered my colleague also talking about the cruise and there it was !!! In a flash , I bought a ticket and boarded a 2pm cruise !!!

The cruise funda works in a fundooooo way ! So it stops at around 4-5 places , all tourist attractions and every 45 mins there is a cruise that will pick up people from there ! The 1st stop was near the Opera House and I had a really wonderful time out there. I also had plans of visiting the zoo but could not as it suddenly began to pour!! Anyways, i spent my entire afternoon out here and it was a wonderful afternoon/early evening . The 1st pic was of an excited me in the new acquisition of mine :D.
This is the Sydney harbour bridge. By the way, tomo is the 75th anniversary of the bridge and around 200,000 people are expected to walk on the bridge. Will be heavily crowded !
This is a super thing that I saw. People standing right on top of the Harbour bridge with the flags out there. Very risky but I think its simply phenomenal .
This is a self clicked pic . I wanted one of the Bridge, my hat and my face in one pic in the cruise and hence this was special ! :D. Do check out the next few pics in the parts titled 1.1 and 2.0 ! Don't even think about why I did this kinda numbering ! Anyways, a very nice experience.

2 comments:

malind said...

I know y u did that kind of numbering... Its the documentation which has gotten to u!!

malind said...

The pics were amazing!!! especially the one with ppl on top of the bridge with flag in their hands!! It reminded me of the flick...'Flags of out fathers'